For all of those who can't survive another day without reading something new on here, this is for you. I thought since I have so many new pictures to update with, I would go back a few weeks and show you what we were up to then. Chris was up at camp for the last week as a counselor. He was a little nervous going back into a cabin, thinking he would be too old and mature and teacher-like but he ended up having a really great week. I went up there for one night to visit, it was during the counselor hunt so when I was found I told the girl who caught me that she could put whippy in Chris' face instead. So he got a double helping of that stuff. It was also the teen surprise where they randomly have a party late a night so I stayed a bit for that and ate some of the goodies that were set up everywhere. During that week while he was at camp, I went to a little bbq party at the lake with some friends. It was a good time had by all even though Bonnie and I, and everyone else for that matter, lost big time in bocce ball to the blue team. Once camp was done Andrew and Andrea came to our place for the night and then we went to Mark and Amber's out on the farm the next day. The boys got an idea of shooting guns so we got a box and drew a target on it and went down to the field and shot a gun and a bow and arrow. I have to admit I had one of the best shots, getting my arrow right above the eye. Yeah, I'm pro. We also had a rousing game of catch phrase and an intermission of Amber dousing Mark with water. Then the next day we left for Oregon and our trip to Saskatchewan started but that will have to wait till the next post.
While Chris was at camp, it was my last week of work. It went quick and it seems like a long time ago that I was there. I don't think I'll miss it too much. I just got a call from one of my teaching supervisors for PDP so things are starting to get into gear for that, although I still have a good week to relax before things get crazy. I'm looking forward to switching things up and getting back into school, it should be a nice change. And just to add a little tid-bit of recent news that will be coming in later posts from our two week trip to Saskatchewan I will leave you with these pictures of our newly configured car...


Yup, we had a little run-in with a deer. It happened on our last day of our trip through the States, only 15 minutes from the border. You can see in the first picture the guardrail that the deer jumped at full speed as it was running up a hill below and decided to pounce right in front of our car. We weren't hurt and it didn't hit our windshield which was a miracle. We were also blessed with very nice people who owned the duty free shop at the border crossing in the middle of nowhere that let us spend the day in their RV while we waited for Chris' dad and brother to come pick us up and tow our car to Herbert. We are still waiting to find out if it is totaled so our car is sitting in the auto body shop in Swift Current while we drive Chris' parents car around until it's fixed. Other than that incident it was a very good trip but that's all you get for now, so hopefully this will do for now.
2 comments:
FINALLY! i've been waiting for an update! glad to hear that you and chris are uninjured and a-ok! i hope the rest of your trip was fun with Chris' fam! love ya! happy first week of PDP next week!
Holy doodle! That is scary stuff. Thank goodness you guys weren't hurt!!
Post a Comment