See you in a year...

Well, I have experienced one full week of PDP and let's just say my blog will be finding little time on my to-do list. Not that's it's been incredibly busy yet but I can see it coming and coming very soon. This week was all about "what makes a good teacher" and "how to reflect". We were showed little teacher techniques along the way and had lots of group discussions. When you're discussing all day it makes for one tiring week. There was a lot to absorb too which added to the tiredness. Yeah so the program has been pretty mentally exhausting but I think that has to do with it being the first full week so we'll see how next week goes. I'm enjoying the people in our group and the Faculty Associates who are teaching us. They seem to really want to teach us well and to help us out a lot which is good compared to what I've heard about other FA's. This past friday we had a "retreat" at Minnekhada park in Port Coquitlam. The car I was in started the day off by encountering two cubs and their mom on the road to the park, I didn't get my camera in time but it was pretty exciting to be that close to black bears. The rest of the day we spent on a nature walk with a trail guide, sharing presentations of our lives and what brought us to PDP and then some group bonding games. It was nice to have more of a relaxed day to end the week and it helped us get to know each other better too. Besides school not much else has been going on. It's somewhat all-consuming, this becoming a teacher business.

My PDP Group

Last weekend we went to the Rider game in Vancouver, they lost but it was an alright game. It was boring at the beginning but the end got exciting and they came close but couldn't quite pull it off. I don't if any of you remember the last time we went to a game but I told about this guy who started a fight with some BC fans and we saw him again so I took a stalker picture of him. There were also these guys who had too much beer sitting in front of us who somehow thought it was cool to wear promotional towels they got on their heads. I had to take a picture just to prove how dumb they looked. We're going to Mike and Sarah's tonight to see the re-match of BC vs. SK so hopefully it's a better game.

Eric and Carmen

Mike and Sarah

Us

The SK fan who fought last time, we call him Taylor Hicks

Dumb towel guys

SK punting

Hut, hut

SK trying to win

This upcoming week I have some engagement photos for a couple I am doing wedding pictures for and am meeting with another person that wants to book me. If people keep contacting as much as they are I am going to have no time except for school and photography. But that's a good thing, it shows me that people like my work and it'll be a good exercise in "time management". On wednesday we get to visit a alternate school, so by that they mean a private school, technical school, art school, etc. I'm going to Abbotsford Traditional where they have to wear uniforms but I don't know much else about it so it'll be interesting to see if it's that much different from a public school. That's all I got for now so don't get mad if I don't update this as frequently because I'm going to be pretty busy in the next year...

One more thing, just a little shout out to our little bro Ryan, it's his 20th birthday today, Happy Birthday Ryan!
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am going to be very angry if you don't update your blog often Vicks.
Grrr. But for real, I was terrible at updating my blog for awhile so I'll let this one slide. Just comment on mine every so often so I know you are still alive :) I'm sure PDP is going to be great for you! Busy, but isn't school always so?

Anonymous said...

I did some subbing at Abby Traditional. It's an awesome school -- the kids are great, and the teachers even better. You'll have fun! :) I'm excited that you're starting to teach. You're going to be so great! -Brittany Stork hee hee...still not used to that!