Alright, well I guess blogging isn't totally hopeless, that is good to know. I would have posted this stuff last night but I got caught up in trying to make a panorama of downtown Saskatoon which I still can't get to work. Anyways, much has happened this past week. Last Thursday we left for Calgary and stayed the night at my friend Jenn's house, she was my LTS at Capernwray. It was pretty swell to see her again and get caught up on each others lives. Friday was spent running errands and hanging out with the groom and groomsmen until we had the rehearsal and supper later in the evening. It seemed quite hectic that night with everyone trying to get last minute details done. I think I was much more relaxed the night before my wedding then these guys but it all worked out.
Saturday morning we had some brunch with the fam and then Chris had to go get ready with all the groomsmen so I hung out with the girlfriends until it was time to go. The wedding was really good, short and sweet. Here's the happy couple after they officially became husband and wife.

Mr. and Mrs. Andrew and Janette Willms
We had a good 4 hours in between the ceremony and reception so we got some dairy queen and I played bocce ball with the women while the boys got all sweaty playing football in the park. The reception was really good, Andrew's brother Colin and his uncle Rob were the MC's and they were pretty funny and had some good creative things to do that I had never seen at other receptions. I think I missed some good parts though because I got to hold baby Josh and he was too irresistible to not look at. Everything started a little later then it was supposed to and so the reception went for quite a long time and then there was a dance which last until 1:30am. Andrew and Janette were nuts staying for that long at the wedding but we finally kicked them out so they could go to their hotel and you know, do what newlywed's do. So I pretty much just knocked out once I hit the bed and didn't wake up until 10 the next morning.

A and J at the reception

Laughing at the guys trying get in tune

A special song for Janette, once they got in tune it was pretty good

The Falk boys singing a little diddy they made up

Us with the newly weds

Stud muffins Chris and Colin

Braun cousins crushing Tim

First dance

The family that doesn't know how to dance
The day after the wedding the whole family decided we'd meet in the park and have lunch and hang out before all driving back to SK. I spent some more time holding little Joshua Nelson again, he's so cute. The boys of course, got all sweaty again. All in all it was a splendid weekend had by all, it was probably one of the best weddings I've been too I reckon.

Ultimate frisbee in the park.

Joshua Nelson Braun (only 6 days old)

Me and cousin Josh
On monday was our 1st wedding anniversary. Since I wasn't feeling too hot that day and we didn't want to spend a whack load of money Chris prepared a scrumptious picnic and made use of our basket that we got at our wedding and hadn't used yet. It was the perfect picnic across the river from downtown Saskatoon. I can't believe it's already been one year married to this crazy man. It has definitely been a year of growing and learning about loving and living with one another. I wouldn't trade him for anything. I always prayed when I was like 13 or something that my husband would know how to shoot a basketball properly and well, Chris does. So I guess God even answers the most silly prayers. It was a great first year and I look forward to many more!

At the picnic spot

Our Jones Soda wine

Picnic basket with our view in the background
So now we're back in the groove of things. Chris is back in school after his week off and I'm back to work. The sun is shining so I think summer has finally come. We played some slo-pitch last night and won both games, Chris even hit two home runs for me over the fence. I think it's because our team had Spitz that we did so good, that makes you real baseball players. Alright, well we're off to buy the second Pirates of the Carribean so we are up to date when go see the new one tomorrow night on our Anniversary date using money from our parents.
0 comments:
Post a Comment