Well, I don't know if anyone reads this anymore but I'm going to post one anyway. And if you do check this leave a comment! Let us know that you're reading our blog so we don't feel like it's hopeless. Anyways, we're about to leave for a road trip to Calgary in about an hour. Chris' cousin Andrew is getting married. We're going a day early to stay at my friend Jenn's place, she was my LTS at Capes. Last weekend we were back in Herbert doing some cow duties and seeing Ryan since we hadn't seen him since he got back from Capes. While the boys and Alysha gave needles and branded and castrated and fun things like that I shot gophers on a hill for about two hours. I think I must have shot about 200 of them, they were all over the place. It was a good time. That was our big event for the weekend, other than that we just hung out, washed cars, the boys played basketball and we ate a lot of beef.

This little guy just needed an ear tag because he was brand new.

The boys getting told what to do.

They don't know what's coming.

Chris got the job of branding, cow hair doesn't smell good.

Looks like this one almost escaped.

The mothers waiting for their babies.

The trio.
Alright, well I should get ready and make sure we have everything for our big trip. Hope you all have a good weekend!
8 comments:
BLOG! I READ! Carry on blogging, don't let facebook dictate how we will and will not mass-communicate with our friends!
yeah. keep blogging. i read it too. do it, do it, do it!
Are you just doing this so you can get lots of comments and look real popular? Cause that's a really good idea!
(yes I (& Julie) read your blog)
I love the blog - what better way to spy on other people then reading through their online journal!
Julie
um, Vicky I don't know if you remember me but i've met you a couple times and went to school with Chris in first year at capes. I check your blog and its nice to see and know a little of the Lord's blessings for you both and to see updates on others like Carmen and Eric. Creepy? Hope not. I found your blog through April Galbraith's blog and thought it was great you post. Blessings!
ummm... hello? where are the pictures of the gophers that you shot?
I check faithfully
Wow ... that how cow-branding thing was very insightful for a city girl such as myself... Dustin has slowly tried to get the city-ness out of me by taking me gopher shooting as well -- in fact, he was bold enough to buy me a .22 shotgun for my birthday (there were some harsh words spoken over that choice of gift...)
see ya guys soon! ~Rebekah
Post a Comment