What will we do with ourselves now?

We're going to have to find other ways to spend our weekends these days now that the Grey Cup has been won by the Riders. The last three weekends we have had some sort of football party. I guess there's still the NFL....

Before it gets too cold out we wanted some new pictures of us because the only pictures we have recently all involve Chris in a tuxedo and me as a wedding guest. So we headed out to Cultus on Saturday afternoon and took some shots to update our picture frames. It slightly hailed while we were there so maybe we're getting snow early this year, there's supposed to be real snow tonight. Anyways, onto the pictures, here's some of our favorites that we took at the lake.















Yup, so I think we got some good ones out of our photo shoot. The other thing we did on the weekend, was kicked my parents out of their house and watched the Grey Cup on their big screen. Everyone came over and we ate lots of nuts and chips and had some burgers for supper. And to make the evening worth it, the Riders won so all in all it was a good night.





Today is Chris' first basketball game with his grade 9 team so we'll see how they do, hopefully they don't get pummeled. I worked at MEI preschool today with an autistic boy, he was really cute, I'd spin him in circles and then tickle him and he'd always come back for more. I'm still waiting on the elementary school to get me hooked up for volunteering. I already know the teacher who I'll be working with because he lives next door to my parents so I just need to be told when I can come in and what I need to do. It seems like this process just gets dragged out much longer than it needs to and by the time I actually start volunteering it'll be Christmas. I was hoping to start last week and now the principal tells me, if he doesn't call me by Thursday then I should phone him. Anyways, it's sort of frustrating, how hard should it be to volunteer? Chris has parent-teacher interviews all day thursday so hopefully he won't have stubborn parents telling him that he's the reason their kid is failing. On friday I'm taking my dad into the Abbotsford hospital for a surgery on the leg he had surgery on before. They're putting a shunt in his arteries so the blood flows better so hopefully it will help and the surgery won't be too long or difficult. Then on Saturday, since it's December by then, we're going to start decorating to make this place festive. We unfortunately have to buy a fake tree because they're very paranoid about fires in our building so we'll have to survive without a real one for a while. I think that's about it for now, until next time...
Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Jen said...

looks like a fun weekend Vicks! I tagged you by the way so go find out what you have to do from my blog. although you probably already know...

Bonnie said...

Once again, nice work on the lake pictures! They're awesome. Maybe I'll have to get you to take some of Jon and I sometime... its been a LOOOOONG time since we took some decent "us" pictures. As a matter of fact, probably just over 2 years... our wedding was the last I think :) Anyway... loved them and yay Riders! Hope to see you soon.

Jen said...

oh. and I just wanted to say I'll be praying for your dad tomorrow. love you.