On Halloween, which also happens to be my dad's birthday, we went over to my parents place and celebrated my dad's 75th. Chris and I were the hosts, bringing the food to the table, clearing the table and answering the 6 rings at our door of trick-or-treater's. At the party were all my parents Danish friends that they have known since they moved to Canada. So to go along with the Danishness of the evening, everything was decked out in Danish colors and flags. Except we had chinese food, which isn't Danish at all. My dad's cake was this Danish cake that my parents had at their wedding. Sort of like a big pyramid of cookies, it was pretty good. As for gifts, let's just say my dad can get very fat and very drunk on all the chocolate and alcohol that was given to him. Oh, and he might be able to read a few books in between all that eating and drinking. All in all it was a good evening except for one of my parents friends who had a little too much to drink and would not believe that Chris doesn't like raw beef or smoked eel because I guess she assumed everyone should and from there on decided she was against everything he said. It was pretty funny though. Here's a little glimpse at what the evening had in store...



This past weekend we spent hanging out with friends, playing games, watching games, stuff like that. On Saturday we went and bought some new jeans and then headed over to Mike and Sarah's for a good round of guitar hero which I have to say, Chris and I were the worst at. After everyone had their fill of that we played quelf which is a game that pretty much makes you look like a fool. Here are some examples...



On sunday we were invited to Pam and Jeff's to watch the big Colts vs. Patriots game. Pam is Mike's sister and we've hung out with them a few times at Mikes and they live in Chilliwack so it all makes sense to go to their place and be their friends. Anyways, we watched the game with Chris being nervous but finally being able to calm down once his team won. We were then served three different dishes of pasta. Jeff is a really good cook and goes all out when company is over. It was pretty scrumptious.
This week I worked with the blind kids on monday and went to a local elementary school to tell them I wanted to volunteer a few days a week so I just need them to get my criminal record sheet and then I'll be able to do that soon. I may also get a call for some Teacher's Assistant jobs I applied for so we'll see. Chris is getting more into the groove of his job, kids are being less bratty but new ones are becoming bratty which is just the way things roll in junior high. He's also the coach of the grade nine boys basketball team so he'll have to make cuts soon and get them all up to shape for their big games. Other than that, there's not much else to say so I guess that's all for now, have a great long weekend!
1 comments:
Good post Vicks! It's always good to catch up with what's going on in your life :) My favorite line was when you were talking about how fat and drunk your dad could get from all the chocolate and alcohol he got. It was quite funny to me. I cannot picture your dad fat...or drunk for that matter. Hee hee. I hope you and Chris are surviving all that rain! Love ya!
Post a Comment