



Yup so it's officially Christmas season around here. We got a whack load of snow at the beginning of this week but it basically melted in one day. It was good while it lasted. My dad had his surgery and everything went well, he only had to stay the night in the hospital and has been doing well at home. Chris had two more basketball games this week and won both of them! Looks like things are improving after their first loss. I also started volunteering today but it was only for an hour and a half. The class seems to have really good kids so I look forward to going in more. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good amount of time in before Christmas and then I'll try and do a little more in January. Other than that, not much else has been going. Only two more weeks of school so we're getting excited for Christmas break to start. Until then we'll enjoy some Christmas parties and other festivities until we come to Herbert in 19 days!
2 comments:
Looks GREAT!! And I'm all about the fake trees :) We got ours for $15 and I also think its pretty good for such a steal of a deal! Love all your decorations... gotta do a games night soon. Perhaps we could have a Christmas theme!? :) Talk to you soon!
Hey there Vic (and Chris). I often read your blog to get caught up but rarely, ok, never comment. So here's some thoughts from Hepburn, the land of snow: Enjoy your Christmas moments in your own place, great memories. Probably see you around Herbert-and-region? Our tree was up, umm, November 17th....and I finished my shopping on December 1, yes, I have officially become a holiday geek. Madeline asks most days whether today is the day she can open a present, and then asks for candy usually. We light a candle every day (starting with the very official day of November 25th, grey cup) and do either a Christmas question, song, or story together. Often she asks for a monster story. :) And in other news, Joshua has begun to crawl/creep. I am still avoiding (mostly) my work for my current university class, but hope to finish this week nonetheless. Optimism reigns supreme. Hope you continue to find volunteering and/or work that you connect to....
Lisa
Post a Comment