Rider Pride

Football, football, football. That pretty much sums up what we have been doing these past weekends and what we'll be doing next weekend. Two weekends ago we went out to Carmen and Eric's to watch the western semi-final between Saskatchewan and Calgary. After eating some delicious fondue and wings and the Riders winning the game, we booked tickets for the western final against BC. Before we get into that, here's a look at our new tree and pot from Ikea.

Our new tree


On friday night this weekend we had Mark and Jeremy over after about 4 months of not seeing them. We had a good time eating beef dip, going for a walk and playing some games. It was really good to see them, hopefully we won't wait another 4 months to see them again.

Mark and Jeremy finding Chris' weak spots


The Boys


This sunday we headed out to BC Place to watch the Riders vs the Lions. We took the sky train out which was a first for me. We had seats in the end zone on the upper deck in the second row. They were pretty good seats and it was definitely the most congested area of Riders fans in the stadium so that was fun. Except for the guys who had stuffed lions heads on a stick with fake blood, they were a little over the top. At times during the game it would get so loud that you could not hear anything. It was hard to make a difference cheering for the Riders against 40,000+ Lions fans. At the end though when it was for sure the Riders that were taking it, half the stadium cleared out and mostly Riders fans were left so then they could hear us cheer them on. Supposedly the Riders were lifting their arms at our section during that time but I missed it because I was trying to get some pictures. Anyways, it was a really great game and now we have one more big game next sunday. It won't be quite the same as being there but it should be good. After the game Carmen surprised Eric with Canucks vs Flames tickets that she had gotten him months ago. The game basically started right after the football game so they just walked across the street to GM Place to watch hockey, Eric was pretty surprised. The rest of us spent a good chunk of time getting on the sky train and then we went to Red Robin's for dinner in Langley.

Intense whacking of tubes


Josh and Cassie eating some expensive hot dogs


Here come the Riders!


Coming in for a touchdown


Proof that I was there too


Most of the gang in green


Bring on the Cup!


Other than watching football games, Chris has been busy with work because it was report card time. He's also coaching the grade nine boys basketball team and they have their first game next monday. I am hoping to hear back from the school I will be volunteering at soon and I have been working at MEI this past week for a few days and am for sure working one day a week there until Christmas break. After new years I'll hopefully find a decent job that I can work full-time at until school starts in September. I'm guessing once I start volunteering twice a week that the weeks will go by faster and Christmas will be here in no time. Only 5 more weeks! We're really looking forward to going out to Herbert during that time to spend with the fam. Until then, we'll keep watching football...
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

David Warkentin said...

Stupid Rider fans!

(Yes, I am bitter)