The Philosophy of Slow Pitch.

Well hello there. Now that I've finished my degree I've decided to go back to school. Yeah, I know, what am I thinking. I'm going to finish my second degree in history. I'll be done at the end of June. Yep, it's a bit busy but I'm actually enjoying it. Its beautiful walking to school each morning. The classrooms are sunny and the windows are open, and the classes are actually interesting to me. I'm taking a philosophy class, which is something I have never taken. Basically, from what I have seen so far, all philosophy is is that annoying kid who just says, why, why, why, why, why. It's a fun time though. My other two classes are history classes, I'm a bit of a history geek.

Last week we went home to the farm because I had nothing to do and I was able to help seed there. It was pretty fun. I need to get out of the city now and then and even though I worked way more than I had the whole month of exams it felt like a real break. I love the farm!

Oh yeah! Me and Vicky are on a softball team now and it's a blast! We won our first two games on Monday. I even got to pitch, which really isn't to hard because hey, it's slow pitch. Vicky is a real slugger. Holy cow are the mosquitoes bad here though. I guess that will be a nice thing about moving to BC. Less mosquitoes. They do have some though, not none like some people may claim. Hopefully it's not west nile season yet.

Well all, hope you're doing well. Don't be shy to say hello!
Category: 6 comments

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear school and slowpitch are going well!! I might just have to come watch one of your games sometime when I'm in Saskatoon! Excellent post Chris!

Anonymous said...

hey guys ... been meaning to email you. Grand ole news about our dear Eric & Carm .. bring on the West Coast ... start the planning now!

When are you guys coming to Calgs again?? We have guest room now, so come on by...

Rebekah

Jen said...

i won't be shy. HOLLA Falks. good to hear you're playing a bit of slow pitch. i love sports. only i don't play much of them anymore ... i just use my little ol' feet run. way to go back to school chris. deep down you are a lifer. and yes, philosophy is all about that annoying kid asking why. the answer is always to walk away.

raych said...

Hooray, fellow bloggers! Yes, in the same way that blogging has killed casual small talk (so, what have you been up to lately...wait, I already know, because I read your blog. Um, nice weather we're having?), facebook is decreasing the blogosphere. And hooray, married couple friends to play games! Joel and I love games. Except that yesterday, we got into an argument in the middle of the game, and so it's still sitting half-played on the kitchen table, and there's nowhere to eat lunch. Yes, come to Chilliwack, play games with us. We're in Abby at least until August, possibly til next summer. Enjoy the remainder of your prairification (you're still in the praries, right?).

Kath said...

Hellooo!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Ok, so I have definitely been too shy to write comments in the past, but today is a new day. Cool that you're moving out west...I am too, for a year at least. I'm currently applying for a BCT # to (hopefully) do some subbing while finishing up my honours at Trinity. When are you coming out? I'll be at Stillwood for one more summer. We shall hang out. :)
Britt