Up from the dungeon...

Well, I know it's been a long time and many of you have been checking everyday to see if we have a life again. Today is the day that our life has returned. Not that we were dead but we were writing exams so that's pretty close to not existing, if you study like me that is. Chris on the other hand studies for a few hours and he's good to go, that may be because of his slackful education classes. Those teachers I tell ya.... Anyways, exams are all done and now we have time to relax before Chris goes back to school for Spring classes to finish off his three-year history degree and I work for my prof again for two months.
The snow is finally gone and the sun is shining. We went for a two hour walk today between the many bridges out here, it was so nice, I discovered some things I had never seen before in Saskatoon. Tomorrow we leave for Herbert for a week because Chris is going to help his dad seed to make some extra moolah and I'll be working during that time too. I'm sure we'll have some good farm adventures in between all the work. I plan on starting my wedding scrapbook, only almost one year later. I didn't want to start it and then get really busy and leave it half way through so I'm gonna go all out and try and get it done.
In other news, our good friends Carmen and Eric got engaged last weekend! Eric has known Chris for ages and was his best man and Carmen worked at camp with both of us for years. It's been a while coming but we're so happy that it finally came! Now we can go on our big camping trip without having to worry about them being the only ones with separate tents. haha.

The happy couple after the proposal on the beach.

As for news with us... we've joined a softball league for spring. I'm really excited to play again, I used to play every year in elementary and junior high, I don't know how good I am compared to those days but it'll be fun playing with all the cousins for our last couple months out here. Did I say last couple months? Yeah, that's right. We're about 90% positive that we will be moving to Chilliwack longer term starting in July. The plans have started with Chris applying for his BC teaching certificate and generally applying for jobs and teacher on call jobs out there. So we'll see what happens, who knows what will happen in the end but that is the plan as of now. Let us know that you'll be our friends when we come and that'll raise our chances even more. Well, I think that's all for now. I'll try and post more often, seeing as now I have no excuse with exams and school and being so busy that there's no time. Okay well, happy sunny days to all of you, maybe not in BC but definitely out here where the sky is oh so blue. Here's a little parting picture to make your day.


Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

Jen said...

SWEET! you're moving to BC!! I will be your friend. Even though I'll still be in Edmonton. I hope this helps make your decision. From 90% to 100% because JEN will be your friend! Nice to see a pic of you guys too. Congrats on finishing off the semester!

Kath said...

Hey Congrats you two! And I have been checking more than once a day, by the way. Have fun in BC! See ya out there, maybe, one day, I'm sure...

April said...

we'll be your friends. Why don't cha just get a job on vanc island?

PAUL WEIMER said...

hey guys that's so awesoem that you're moving out here. i talked to your mom vicky and i called my landlord to see if you guys could get into our apartments-- how fun would that be? so fun. anyway sorry i haven't commented sooner.. my laptop took a crap, but now i have a nice new desktop. yay for me. see you soon?????

Jen said...

you guys are cool. did i ever tell you that? no? well you're cool as.
can't wait to see you this summer!