The good, the bad and the ugly

So once again I've put off blogging. It just seems that talking about me sitting at home searching for updates on material for a textbook doesn't seem that interesting. And there's the whole facebook thing, which seems to be taking over the world of blogging. Which is a shame because even though you find people you haven't seen in ages on facebook, it's much more entertaining to read blogs in my opinion. I guess I shouldn't be one to talk since I've denied blogging too. But here I am. The only news I have to post is old news but it will be new to most of you. We were in Herbert a few weeks ago because Chris had a week before spring classes started so he helped seed on the farm while I sat and did work all week. We had some visitors while at the farm Chris' cousin Colin and his girlfriend Ang. We had a swell time by the fire and roasting tiny marshmellows because that's all we had.


I also got to give Kevin a makeover while we were home which took much longer than I expected but it seemed to work out. I think he should have just stuck with the mullet though.

Before the transformation...

The style he should have stuck with...

The final product.

I too got a haircut, about a week ago. I figured it was time to get one seeing as how I hadn't had one since the day after my wedding. Let's just say my hair was full of split ends.


Other than that, we haven't been up to too much. This weekend Chris had a ton of homework to do and it basically rained all weekend so we stayed inside most of the time, him doing work and me doing random things that I wanted to get done. We also discovered a website where you can watch free tv shows so we started watching the first seasons of grey's anatomy and lost. Other than the arabic subtitles it's pretty good. This week we finally have another baseball game. We had a week off last week for some reason and attempted to have a serious practice but that did not happen. We did have a practice but it sure didn't feel like we got much done so we'll see how fresh we are at our game tomorrow. Chris and I had a random visitor this past week. A friend of ours that worked at camp a few years ago with us, who we haven't seen since then, phoned us right before our baseball practice saying he hitch-hiked to Saskatoon and we were the only ones he knew. So we picked him up and he stayed the night and was off in the morning for his trek to Ontario. He gave us a jar of honey that he got from a random guy who picked him up and took him to his son's bee farm. Hopefully it's not poisoned because I've been eating it. Well, not much else to say, we head to Calgary in two weekends for Andrew and Janette's wedding (Andrew is Chris' cousin), so that should be a grand ol' time. If anyone knows of any way of getting stuff from Saskatchewan to BC in a cheap way let us know because we're trying to figure out how we're getting all our stuff to Chilliwack because it definitely won't all fit in our echo. If anyone happens to be driving or flying here any time soon, let us know if you want to take some of our stuff back with you, it would be much obliged. Alright well here's my post, I will try and be more consistent and not fall into the facebook trap.
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Jen said...

vicki! i've missed your blogs. you're new haircut is very sleek. it looks great. so i can't wait to see you. but it might not be til august if we happen to miss each other in july. when are you coming back to BC anyway? i don't even really know. i am finishing my placement in 2 weeks and then i get to go home! so pumped! what website do you watch tv shows on? i haven't watched tv in months cuz i don't have one (technically...long story about the tv situation). fill me in!

Bonnie said...

Glad you're trying your hardest to stay true to blogging. I agree, blogs are FAR more interesting! Facebook is actually kind of ticking me off to tell ya the truth :) Anyway...looking forward to hanging out this summer in the 'Wack! Oh, and I love the new "do" :)