Quarter of a Century and still going...

Well, I'm the big 2-5 today. A quarter of a century, if you prefer that. Lovely. Do you ever remember when you were 10 and you thought that 25 was really old and that people that age were really mature and established and had kids and all that? Yeah, well that's not me at all. It's funny how you assume things like that because that's not how it ends up. My birthday consisted of school and more school so we celebrated it yesterday. Chris' parents were out helping Kevin move and his dad was out coaching the herbert basketball team in a tournament. So yesterday we had a nice brunch which I could actually taste which was exciting. I got a really bad cold last thursday and it's just starting to leave, hence me being able to taste. On wednesday last week we were hit with a massive blizzard. Chris and I attempted to walk to school that morning but turned back after one minute of walking in -30 something weather with snow blowing straight into our faces. No fun. The next day is when I got sick so we decided to skip that day too. We weren't the only ones who skipped so I feel it is justified. It was sort of a nice unexpected break even though I spent most the time passed out from tylenol cold medicine. I accidentally took two night pill's during the day, bad idea. Woah, got a little side tracked. My birthday...it was short and sweet. Right when I woke up Chris came in with his presents. I got a sweet puzzle mat so I can do puzzles whenever I want and then roll them up so the pieces are not all over the place and a puzzle to go with it and a random classic movie, the goonies. Then we went for brunch which was tasty, got some groceries and had a nap. No parties here. I was still a little out of it so no parties were fine with me. I decided to drop one of my classes today and switch for another, I'm cutting it pretty tight, tomorrow is the last day to make changes before you get penalties. But I think it was the right choice, more along the lines of what I'm interested in. Other than that, things are starting to get busy. Chris didn't have to coach last week but now it's going to be happening every week, he goes out to hepburn on tuesday and wednesday nights fo practice and then there's a bunch of tournaments, the first of which is in edmonton! Party with Jen! Works for me. Even though I'm only taking 4 courses this semester it feels as if it's going to be just as busy as when I had 6. There seems to be a lot more projects and assignments in these classes for some reason. And we all know that those take up a lot of time. Chris is going to be pretty busy too I reckon. But it's out last semester so we'll suck it up. We're in the process of thinking through what we want to do when school is done. There are many possibilities but not of them have been solidified in our minds. Do we want to leave the country? Do we want to move to BC? Or is there some random option out there that we don't know of? Hopefully one day we'll figure it out and we'll feel at peace with it. Anyways, I better get back to work. Farewell.
Category: 7 comments

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fart!! ;) Hope you had a GRAND day!

Kath said...

Happy Quarter! Glad you are feeling better too...And the Goonies is so great--I got that for Adam for Xmas, though he'd never actually seen it before...what a weirdo, and yes, after a few years of marriage, you still learn something new.

Jen said...

I echo the sentiments of the other two. Happy Birthday Vicks. Sounds like a pleasant birthday to me! I guess i can give you a big ol' birthday hug and maybe the bumps when i see you in...EDMONTON! Sa-weet. SO what did you get for your birthday???

PAUL WEIMER said...

hey vicky, happy birthday!! from your best wisconsin friend.

Kath said...

hahahhahhahahahha, jen! The Bumps! I so forgot about bumps! Hehhehe, ooh, you're in for it, Vicky.

jamie said...

yeah, so i was lying in bed on the 15th of january at 1200am and could NOT fall asleep. about 45 minutes later i remembered that i forgot your birthday, and then i feel asleep! weird..i think it was a sign... a sign that im a sucky friend. On that note, im glad youre feeling better, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! love you and see you soon, i swear this semester is going to go FAST.

Jen said...

Hi. I'm going to be a blogging stalker and tell you that you are SLACKING. Post something new already. and send me those pics so I can post something new. Geez. Get on it kid.
P.S. Glad you could sleep over on friday night. That was sweet.