A Happy Herbert Christmas

I ended exams on the 22nd and Kevin and I drove to Herbert. Chris came later because he had to teach that day until 3. The first couple days we had the Braun gathering and it was a good time of playing games and eating lots of food. We had 11 people in the house for two nights so that was fun. All the single boys slept in the family room, Janette slept in Ryan's room and we slept in the basement. One morning I woke up before all the boys so I could shower and this is what I saw...

You can tell these boys are in Bible school. Colin had his own air mattress but decided to sleep on the same twin mattress as Ryan to stay warm. I thought it was pretty funny.

After everyone woke up we went to the church and spent the whole day playing games and we also went to the school gym for a bit to play some basketball and volleyball. After Christmas Dinner we had a chinese gift exchange and Chris and I got a puzzle, which was not quite his choice but I enjoyed making it the rest of the days there. Some people got some pretty funny presents like Curtis getting a willow tree angel figurine. Well, I guess that's not a funny present, it's just funny that he was the one who got it. Janette was actually at the same Christmas as me, which is wierd because it seems that we always miss the year that each other are there so it was good to have another girls around to balance with all the testosterone.

Janette and Andrew

Ryan and Randi

Chris and Ryan

Andrew and Chris ready to go to school

The rest of the time out there we spent relaxing on the farm, playing games, tubing and even some good ol' cross country skiing. We opened presents on Christmas Eve after we went to church. First we had some finger food which was really good. On Christmas I got to drive the quad as Chris and Ryan rode the tube. We had some good turkey for supper and the whole family had a half hour nap after. That was pretty funny. I guess the turkey knocked us out. Alysha came only 5 minutes after we woke up, it would've been pretty funny is she had shown up when the house was pitch black. We played a game that Ryan got me for Christmas and then we watched Invicible. The next day I hurt Chris when he was tubing so Ryan, Kevin and I stayed out for a bit. The last full day we found the old family cross country skis and we did some hardcore skiing on the yard. It was actually a lot easier then when I remember doing it when I was ten on the sidewalks.

Us on Christmas Eve

Some tubing action

The boys acting out the Christmas story after our Christmas nap

Jake the wonder dog

Ryan and Randi

Chris and I

The Cross Country team

We left Herbert the morning of the 27th and had a full day of delays and waiting in airports becuase of a blizzard in Calgary. We eventually made it to Chilliwack at around 10pm that night although we were supposed to get there at 7pm. At least we got there...
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: