
This weekend we headed out to Lucky Lake for Chris' volleyball team's regional tournament. The top 3 teams of that get to go to provincials. Chris' parents came out and Herbert's volleyball team was there too so at least this time I had people to watch with. Chris' team didn't win any of their games but they came close a few times. It could've been a long day if they made it to the finals so it was sort of nice to be able to leave in daylight. I went on a baking spree today, figured I would stock up on some goods. I made bran muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I also made this really easy jello mousse thing and that is pretty tasty I must say. Yup, I just a little housewife aren't I. Not quite.

We bought a christmas tree stand today because we're hoping to get a little charlie brown tree this year. It'll be nice having a tree to keep my company during the weeks and it'll make me feel like it's Christmas already, can't get much better than that. Tomorrow our big plans are to get the oil changed on our car and to see if we can get a block heater cause I guess cars in BC don't have those and they're quite essential out here if you keep your car outside and need it to start. We'll see, they might be a little too much moolah. Yup and then we're going to watch the big semi-final game, BC versus Saskatchewan. Two years ago we went to that exact match up for the semi-final and of course BC won so we'll see if it happens again. Not much else is going on these days. We'll be able to have longer weekends now with Chris' volleyball being over. I have 4 big essays to write in the next 2 weeks. Christmas break is in 6 weeks but really in 4 weeks because when you don't have classes then it's pretty much Christmas break. We're looking forward to going out to BC and cramming in some good quality time with all our peeps out there. It'll feel like going to Hawaii after being here in the dead of winter. Alright, well I guess that's all I have to say for now. Until next time...
7 comments:
way to go little housewife. you're amazing. i'm sure your hubby appreciates all that good homecooked baking you did. i'll be expecting the same when we're in the 'wack together at Christmas. nice work on the shovelling too. So random..I had the biggest urge to shovel the driveway the other day too. It was fun for some reason. Probably because we never get sweet snow like we do here. And you can make a snowball with the snow in Edmonton...it's great!
Way to go ya hardcore! The baking looks DE-licious!
Hope to see ya while you're in the 'Wack!
And i must say...where did you find the sweet blog template? I love it! I am so sick of mine!
Hey! So I was just going to email you to congratulate you on our new blog template but then I thought of something even better than an email. A comment on the blog... From your husband! Wow! Haha. Its snowing here and its making me in the christmas spirit! I know its early but I can't wait to get our little christmas tree. Anyways Miss you and love you. I"ll probably talk to you on the phone later.
Hey Vicky...so I tried going to that website and I clicked on Blogger templates, and I liked the LightBox one but how do I change my blog to it. I tried but it just downloaded some script stuff. Is there a way of downloading it or something or do I have to cut and paste the new template into my old one or what? I'd love it if you could direct me in this cuz i do love the lightbox look!
Thanks! (Oh, and if its easier, you can email the instructions: bonnieesau@gmail.com
hey vicks. i get home on the 15th of December and leave on the 31st. My family may be going to the Okanagon on the 27th until the morning of the 29th. that would be crappy if we all didn't get to hang out....but i'm not positive yet, so i'll let you know when i find out for sure.
hey ickity
good job on the bran, its good to keep regular. The old folks in the place im working at eat this prune paste, it smells like fruit leather. So whatever to jen going to the Okanagon, thats just too damn bad. We have some serious board games to play.
nice template. it suites you better.
Post a Comment