Since we got over a foot a snow at the beginning of the week and today most of it is already gone, there has been a ton of flooding around the farm areas here. Not only the snow that melted but the 100+mm of rain that fell in a few days didn't help the problem. We know some people who have a foot of water in their living room and some people have even been evacuated. That would not be fun. So hopefully the water will start to soak into the ground or do whatever it needs to do so people can get back in their homes. What a mess. Well, I guess I don't have much else to say. I will be entering the busiest time of my life in exactly one and a half days so we'll see how much I update this during that time. Enjoy the new year everyone!
By Anonymous
Things are getting back into to the swing again for us. Monday I start my long practicum. I have two weeks to ease my way in to being the "full-time" teacher for 6 weeks. Kind of scary. I'm just to the point where I want to get into the class and get to know the kids and then I think it'll be fine. I've had to long to think about what I could do with them that I need to actually start doing some of those things. We had an interesting week this week. Monday and Tuesday there was no school for me because of the snow that piled up to at least a foot. Chris had school on Tuesday but I didn't. Wednesday Chris stayed home from school because he had some sort of stomach flu or food poisoning. Whatever it was, it did not make for a pretty sight the night before. So we both lazed around on that day and watched a movie in the middle of the day. Thursday we were both back at school, I was at module learning things like what to do with bratty kids who talk back to you and stuff like that. Yesterday we went over to Jon and Bonnie's for the first time in a long time. The first time since they've been pregnant and that's been 16 weeks so it had been quite a while. We had a good time eating some pizza and playing games. Hopefully we can see them more than we have been. I've met with two new couples this week to book weddings also, so it's been quite busy. So far I have 9 weddings for this year. Looks like this little business of mine is taking off. I finished editing the photos that I took in the freezing cold in December so here's a little slideshow of some of those.
Since we got over a foot a snow at the beginning of the week and today most of it is already gone, there has been a ton of flooding around the farm areas here. Not only the snow that melted but the 100+mm of rain that fell in a few days didn't help the problem. We know some people who have a foot of water in their living room and some people have even been evacuated. That would not be fun. So hopefully the water will start to soak into the ground or do whatever it needs to do so people can get back in their homes. What a mess. Well, I guess I don't have much else to say. I will be entering the busiest time of my life in exactly one and a half days so we'll see how much I update this during that time. Enjoy the new year everyone!
Since we got over a foot a snow at the beginning of the week and today most of it is already gone, there has been a ton of flooding around the farm areas here. Not only the snow that melted but the 100+mm of rain that fell in a few days didn't help the problem. We know some people who have a foot of water in their living room and some people have even been evacuated. That would not be fun. So hopefully the water will start to soak into the ground or do whatever it needs to do so people can get back in their homes. What a mess. Well, I guess I don't have much else to say. I will be entering the busiest time of my life in exactly one and a half days so we'll see how much I update this during that time. Enjoy the new year everyone!
Category:
0
comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment