







Last Sunday, just as my cold was at its peak we headed down to Seattle to watch the Patriots play the Seahawks. I wasn't going to miss it over a cold, the Patriots only come one in every 8 years so I couldn't miss it. Besides feeling horrible it was a good time. We got free parking because it was a sunday and got to the stadium a couple hours early to watch warm-up's. Our closest brush with fam was getting two feet away from Randy Moss as he signed some kids jerseys right next to us. He wouldn't sign Chris' Tom Brady jersey for some odd reason though. We also got to see other players close up like Tedy Bruschi and Matt Cassell and Junior Seau. We went to one end zone just as the whole team was getting ready to warm up and stretch so we had first row action of all that. Once they were done their little routines we headed up to our seats way up in the upper deck to get ready for the game. The Patriots ended up winning in the end but it was a much closer one than we thought it would be. On our way home we stopped at the Outlet Shops and I got Chris his christmas present and we stopped for some food. By that time I was completely out of it and ready for bed. The next couple days are a blur because I was so sick.
On Wednesday I went in to meet my new teacher for my longer practicum from Jan-March. I'll be teaching in a grade 5 class at an Elementary school in Abbotsford. It'll be definitely different than my last experience. All the kids except one are East Indian in my class. They know english pretty well by the time they get to grade 5 because most of them have gone to that school since kindergarten so I don't think I'll have to worry too much about their english, I'll just have to make sure they're understanding quite frequently. There will be a few challenges such as a girl who doesn't know what is appropriate and will have fits in the middle of class for no reason and put her hands down her pants or up her shirt. They're trying to get her tested because she definitely has some sort of psychological problem. There's also a quadriplegic boy who just came back to school a month ago after being out of school since the car accident he was in. I can't believe what he's going through and all the kids have known him since kindergarten which makes it crazy to think about how they knew him as a normal kid and now all of sudden he can do nothing. Besides being a bit nervous about how to teach those two the rest of the class looks like angels and the teacher said it's his best group he's had in 11 years of teaching. The way that this teacher teaches is much different than my last teacher I was with too. He interacts with the kids a lot more instead of just instructing them and having them get to work at their desks. I'll like that a lot more, less strict and traditional. The school in general seemed a lot more welcoming and friendly than the last school so I'm looking forward to it but I've got a lot of planning to do before that.
Chris has been busy coaching the grade 9 basketball team at his school and they are currently 3-0. He's really enjoying working with that group of guys but I think he's looking forward to the break so he can have some time to just do nothing. This weekend we have two Christmas parties, one with Chris' staff and one at our house with the gang. Next weekend I have my last wedding of the year, here's hoping the snow that is supposed to come that day holds off. It actually snowed for the first time today but it was mixed with rain so it didn't stick. I'm pretty impressed with us this year too, we are done all of our Christmas shopping. I remember some years going out to the malls days before Christmas and how hectic it was, I won't miss that one bit. Well, I think that's all for now from this end. Next up will be wedding photos from a few weekends ago.
0 comments:
Post a Comment