The Life of a Teacher

Yes, I know, it's been a while. This last month has been a very busy one for us. Chris has been at school into the evening pretty much every night for the past couple of weeks now that basketball has started and report cards were happening. I have been busy driving to Mission everyday to teach at Windebank. My last day of teaching my grade 6/7 class was yesterday. It was sad to leave those guys, I had a great class. We ended off my time there playing a lot of fun games and eating cupcakes that I made so I think they liked that. Now I just have to go back to PDP next week and I'll officially be on Christmas break. I'm looking forward to that. I definitely need to catch up on relaxing before it gets even more busy next semester. My highlights of teaching were definitely the kids I had in my class. They were a really good group, I'm dreading finding out where I'm going in January, I'm hoping that I get a group as good as the one I just had. I got attached to quite a few of them and I'll miss them. But I still want to see another school, another teacher and another class so we'll see what the future brings...

My grade 6/7 class


It was twin day on my last day, can you tell?


More kids


Some of my favorites (I mean, I had no favorites)


The girls had no idea he was behind them

Other than being crazy busy with school we've been going to a weekly Bible study with two other couples from our church on Monday nights. It's been good to have that time with them and get to know them better but we're done for this year with that. Chris has also been having a men's night every two weeks on Thursdays with some of his friends where they've been going through a book called God Built. The most exciting thing for my lately is I got a new camera! It's a Canon Rebel Xsi, which is the upgraded version of the one I had. I got it for a sweet deal off of Ebay and I get to try it out for the first time tomorrow at a wedding I'm shooting up at Camp Squeah. Let's hope it's not raining too hard.







November was called Movember month where guys grow mustaches to show awareness for Prostate cancer (or it's an excuse to not shave for a month) so of course Chris grew out a beard. I only had to deal with looking at him for a couple days with a nasty mustache so I guess it was okay.


We have quite a few things to look forward to in the next couple weeks. Tonight we're going to a Chilliwack Bruins game because Chris won tickets at his school and we're putting up our tree and getting into the Christmas spirit this weekend too. Next weekend we're going to see the Patriots play the Seahawks in Seattle so that should be a lot of fun. Then I have another wedding to shoot on December 20th, Christmas with my family on the 21st and flying to Saskatchewan on the 22nd. Let the good times begin!
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Its great to get an update on you guys Vicky! We haven't seen you in AGES, so its good to hear that teaching is going well for both of you and that things are good, despite the busyness. And I'm SO pumped to hear how your wedding photography has just taken off!!! I knew you should go for it!

Hope you guys have a great weekend and maybe we'll see you around sometime :) Take care!