
marries a BC girl?

Who would've thought that it would end up like this...

Definitely not me. Although I got what I prayed for in a man that knew how to shoot a basketball I never thought he'd come from a farm in Herbert. Looking back the only thing that could have brought us together is God. The reason we met is solely because of Him. You see, in the summer of 2003 we met at camp where the purpose for us was to go and serve God by loving kids and being their counselors. I had no plans or intentions of meeting a guy at camp and Chris wasn't planning on getting a girl either. But I guess things happen when you least expect it. I knew from the first couple weeks of knowing Chris that he was someone that I could easily get to know better and wouldn't mind doing so. Unlike him, I had never dated anyone before and so all previous boys were what you called "crushes". I was hoping that this would not end up as one of those heartbreaking experiences. As the weeks went by we built a strong friendship based on having fun. He tells me that after the middle of summer he knew that I was something special. By the end of summer he had told me that "I think you're pretty cool" and after a random trip out visiting him on the farm we made it official. We dated long distance for a year and a half, seeing each other on major breaks from school. After that I knew we would be able to endure anything. I moved out to Saskatoon in January 2005. Spending time with each other in real life situations we only grew stronger and in November 2005 we were engaged on a very cold winter day. Although the wedding didn't go as expected, being inside instead of outside, it was everything I could've wanted because I got to marry the man of my dreams. Now two years later we are still enjoying the up's and down's of being together but mostly the up's. We've come to know each other so well and there is no one else I would want to be my best friend for life. Looking forward to what the next year of marital bliss brings. Love you Chris!
2 comments:
What a beautiful post Vicky! Congratulations you two!
So I take it you just celebrated your anniversary :) Hope your day was really special. Congrats on the 2 year mark... it only gets better from here :) Hope to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment