

Yup so that's our phone, nothing too fancy but we like it. Other than buying a phone it has be HOT in these parts the last couple days. Just sitting in this room without a fan is quite uncomfortable. We've basically trapped ourselves in the apartment when it's hottest with windows and blinds shut, it only gets to a nice temperature past 9pm or before 9am. It's supposed to be like this all week. I just hope by Saturday it will cool off a bit for the wedding shoot I have.
Today I got off work early because there were just too few kids to keep two of us working so I gladly left at lunch time. I just wish the parents had told us for sure if their kids were going to be there so then I might have been able to get the whole day off and actually have a real long weekend and we could've gone and done something. Oh well, such is life.
This past weekend I went up to camp with Carmen to see Rebekah who was out from Calgary to be the camp nurse. It was during Single Mom's Camp and it was their pampering night. I'm not one for pampering so I basically hung out with this little girl at the pool party while that happened and then went back to the nurses station to see Rebekah. It feels weird to be up at camp as a visitor with nothing to do. So many staff are new and it's crazy to think that only a few summers ago that was a place that we were such a big part of and now we're not. While I was up there Chris was helping Josh and Cassie move their stuff to the condo they bought in Mission. Then him and Eric came back to our place to watch Saskatchewan win their first game of the football season. On sunday we were invited over to a couple's house for lunch where Chris and the guys took a dip in their big blow up pool with the kids. Now Chris is off galavanting with Eric, actually playing golf, so I'm stuck in this hot apartment with nothing to do. Tomorrow we're hoping to take advantage of the day off but I have a feeling all the places we would want to go will be crazy busy. We shall see, enjoy your Canada Day everybody.
2 comments:
why thank you. i did enjoy my canada day outside having a picnic at a friend's church picnic when i should have been studying for a final exam the next day. meh. i just stampeded it up this weekend. it was great.
way to take the plunge with the cell phone missy. see you in august!
heehee, I thought I was the last person on earth to get a cell. Congrats! Mine is a hand-me-down, so yours looks like a dream come true. Sounds like you're having a nice summer so far, hiking, Cultus, camp. Wish we were there for some BC summer fun - it's now colder here than in BC, and I miss the warmth.
Post a Comment