Waskesiu wedding fun

Okay, so I'm not getting any better at updating more frequently, I know. But you can expect it to happen at least once or twice a month so that's something I guess. The big event that happened recently was our trip out to Saskatchewan for our cousin Curtis' wedding. We had an early morning the day we left but had a quick connection which made it worth it. Kevin and Alysha took us up to Waskesiu which was where the wedding was and I took pictures during the rehearsal while they went back to our place that we had for the weekend. The wedding was supposed to be outside on the driving range but got switched to inside because it was really windy. The wedding/reception were at Elk Ridge Resort but we headed to Waskesiu for pictures so we could get more variety than just trees and grass. All in all I think the pictures turned out pretty good. There were some squinters from the bright sun but we got enough good ones where most people look normal. Here's a little sample of the many that were taken...


Besides taking pictures we did lots of other stuff up there. We took a walk on the beach, played some intense lawn bowling, ate some ice cream and hung out with the fam. It was really great to see everyone again but it was much too short of time. At the end of August we plan on driving out to the farm so we'll get a good week in of visiting when we go then.

View of Mt. Baker from the plane

Falk boys in the sun

Falk couple on a bench

Ice cream time

Lawn bowling pros

We actually did play, we didn't just stand there

The fam watching some b-ball

Some b-ball

Little Joshie (actually a much bigger Joshie than last time I saw him)

Gotta love Alysha's determined face

Other than going to Saskatchewan we've been busy working and enjoying the hot weather. We busted out the rollerblades today which officially makes it summer in my mind. That and the fact that we have the fan running in our place because its so hot. One night we went for a walk and it felt like we were in Hawaii because it was so hot and humid. We'll see if it decides to stick around. A few weeks ago I found out that I have for sure made it into the PDP program at SFU. I don't know much information besides that I got accepted but it's good to not have to worry about that anymore. Chris has applied for 3 jobs at the school he is working at now and one at the high school close by so he's hoping to get one of those and to find out soon about it. It would be good to know so he can have the summer to plan all his classes instead of going in on Saturdays like he has done all of this school year. As for my job, I got a raise and get another one in July! The girl who was hired a month ago ended up getting a job as a TOC but she'll be back in July and August so that'll be good because I really liked working with her. I also got another wedding booked for the beginning of July. It should be interesting, I'm meeting with the lady tomorrow, all I know is she is a grandmother of three and this is her second marriage. It'll definitely be a change from taking pictures of people I know and from taking pictures of younger couples. So we'll see how that goes. Anyways, that's all I got for now, until next time...
Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...I still have rug burn on my knees...haha.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics as usual Vicky!

Eric

Kath said...

Vicky, such great photos! I really admire you for doing that. I would be too nervous to take such important photos. You do such a good job. So congratulations on that! You're building up quite a port folio :)