Because I'm getting more into this photo gig and I got accepted to PDP for September, we decided to go ahead and buy an iMac. It's supposed to get here on Tuesday and then it's play time for us! Technically it's supposed to be mine but we'll see who spends the most time on it.

Another thing we splurged on this month is plants for our patio. It was looking a bit bare with just out little table and chairs but now it's looks like a home and once it gets nicer out it'll be a good place to spend time.



Besides spending too much money, time has been flying by for me because I've been working 8.5 hours everyday and basically only have a few hours in the evening before going to bed. But things will be getting better because a new girl was hired this week for the other group of out of school kids and we'll be rotating shifts every week so one does the 7-8:30/2-6 shift and the other does 11-6. Thankfully I have the 11-6 shift next week so I can sleep a little more than I have been the last couple weeks. Other than long days, work has been going good. After some doubtful and hard days it's been getting better, I've been enjoying the kids more and getting more comfortable with finding things to do with them. The new girl that was hired is really great too and we get along really well so I think it'll be a good summer working there with her. She's planning on leaving at the end of August too because she's a teacher so we're in the same boat with no long-term plans on staying there. Today we had to spend almost 8 hours in a first aid course that is required for working at the child care centre. It's a great thing to have but the thing we didn't know is that we had to pay for it ourselves. This doesn't make any sense, since the reason we went was because our work sent us. So that sort of cheesed us off a bit but I guess it doesn't matter since it lasts for 3 years and if I save a life because of it then I guess it's worth it. But still, they should've paid for it if they want us to have it. That kind of thing, the communication part of the job is very lacking, there are still many things I don't know about and what to do in certain situations but I guess that will come eventually. As far as Chris' job goes, someone with more seniority got his position for next year but he's hoping to get a different position at the same school once the postings come out. And if not he'll look for other jobs and if all else fails he'll have lots of calls as a TOC come September.
In exactly 6 days we are flying to good ol' Saskatchewan for our cousin's wedding which I'm the photographer for. We're really looking forward to seeing everyone even if it's only for a few days. I'll have to stock up on sleep this week because I don't think I'll be getting much over that weekend. There will be many games to play and people to see. Can't wait to see you guys!
2 comments:
Vicky! I've been meaning to tell you what an IN-credible job you did on their pictures. I looked at a bunch of them on your website the other day and it was neat to see a few more on here. Seriously... you're so talented!!
Have a great time in SK and hopefully we can get together when you get back. Sorry last night didn't work for games.... soon, OK!? :)
Oh, and I love the plants on your deck! They look great.
yay, welcome to the mac family :) You'll never go back, I promise.
Lightroom is SO good! You can set up time exposures on your camera through lightroom, and therefore bypassing the SD card therefore using your hard drive for storage, so you can create stop motion animations, and the like. We've done some sunset ones, and others too. It's so fun.
You're photos look great Vicky! That's so cool that you've just gone for it!
PS. I bought the bean game...I still forget what its called though.
Post a Comment