The opposite of what I was two weeks ago...

The answer is BUSY. I am now one busy girl. I have successfully turned down and accepted another job within the same week and have almost finished my second full week of work. Two fridays ago I had an interview at a campground to be their recreation leader for the summer, also on that day I was basically offered to work at a daycare on the spot when I showed up to check it out. The campground called back while I was at the daycare and offered me the job so I had some deciding to do. I decided on the daycare because it was better wages, closer to home, didn't involve working on weekends and is more applicable to teaching. So there it is. I'm in charge of a group of kindergarten and grade one's after school but I also work with 4-5 year olds during lunch time getting all their lunches out and cleaning up after they make a mess. My first week was pretty tiresome because I was working from 7-8:30 and then from 11-6 almost everyday, plus I had a really bad cold which added to the tiresomeness. But I pulled through it and this week has been much better with not as many long days and more energy. The kids are still adjusting to me and I am starting to figure them out. Turns out the manager of out-of-school care is leaving at the end of this month which was not the case a week ago so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping the responsibility will not be carried over to me because I'm not quite ready for that and did not originally intend on being the top leader. I'm not too sure what will happen there but hopefully it will be better and not worse.

Besides getting a job we have been up to some fun stuff. Two weekends ago we headed out to Science World for Josh's birthday. It was a good time but not something I would pay to do again for at least a couple years. After we spent a good couple hours there we went back to Carmen and Eric's for some ribs and cornflake potatoes and was it ever good. I'd say we did a good job.

Learning how to get the sperm to the egg

The Static Ball

Rolling a ball on a spinning wheel

Jump to 300

Jump to 270

The only picture with me in it, my huge jump of 240

Squeeze face

More squeeze face

Eric not quite in the box

Josh mostly in the box

Chris "too husky" to fit in the box

Intense wheelchair racing

Now onto last weekend...we had the privilege of going down to Washington near Mt. Baker to Carmen's family's trailer at a place called The Glen. At this place people have to technically have movable trailers and then basically all of them build decks on them to make them not look like trailers at all. It was quite interesting, most lots have special names like one had a knight at the driveway and it was called "a knight away from home" and this other guy had his whole driveway decked out with race cars flags and his place was called "the finish line" or something. Our trailer though was just a nice little trailer, no crazy theme or weird decorations. The boys went snowboarding on Saturday but us girls stayed home because I was still feeling sick. We had a good time walking down to the river, scrap booking and getting some much needed junk food which the boys assumed we would forget and got some too before they came back home. Saturday was over 20 degrees so we got our fill of being outdoors by playing some baseball and sitting around the fire roasting wieners and making smores. The boys also got their fill of burned faces from forgetting to put sunscreen on. Let's just say that right now Chris's face is peeling pretty good. He also put his arm over the steam of a boiling kettle the next day, just to add more burns to his body. It was a great relaxing get-away filled with lots of good times. Thanks Eric and Carmen! We hope to do it again some day soon.

Learning how to wax a snowboard

The "burn victim" as his students call him

I'm surprised Chris didn't burn himself doing this too

Upcoming events include my first wedding shoot on the 26th so hopefully it's nice enough outside to get lots of great pictures and that they all turn out. This weekend I'm leaving Chris for a night out in Vancouver with some of my girlfriends from Chilliwack. One of our friends is planning everything that's happening so it's all gonna be a surprise of what we're doing. It should be a good time, probably won't get much sleep but it'll be worth it!
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Kath said...

I like how you put it: It was a good time but not something I would pay to do again for at least a couple years. That's how I feel about Disney Land.

Cute that you get to work with little 5 year olds! They'd be so sweet / chaotic. Hopefully no one pees their pants :)