Up close and personal with Steve Nash

Spring break is upon us at the Falk household so we have been having some fun times with our spare time together. Last weekend we headed up to Whistler to hang out for a day and snowboard for the other. The day we got to Whistler we walked around checking out the sites, pretending we were Olympic athletes and whatnot. There's not too much to do up there unless you're willing to buy lots of stuff in stores or go to bars so we only stayed for a bit. Chris got a deal on a cabin about ten minutes from Whistler from a guy he works with so we were able to hang out there for the first night, had some supper, played some games, sat by the fire, it was really nice. We'll definitely be using that cabin again, maybe even for the Olympics. It was nice to have a place with a kitchen and a common room that we could all spend time together in compared to a hotel which would be harder to hang out in. On sunday morning we woke up nice and early and headed to the hill. It took us a good couple hours to get way to the back of Whistler mountain, that place is huge. Trying to find your way around on the mountain is quite a task. It was a really nice day for boarding and we all had a really good time I reckon. Cassie hurt her shoulder so she and Josh headed to the lodge by walking to a new chair lift and then taking it to the lodge but I guess it took them a lot longer than they thought because they only got there once I arrived at the lodge which was at least an hour later. I got a really bad cramp/sprain/bruise on my left ankle and was in quite a bit of pain so I got a really fast and almost scary ride on a snowmobile up the lodge. I had a good time while the boarding lasted though, I've definitely got the hang of carving, it's just those flat sections that mess me up cause I'm too scared to just go straight on them without slowing down. One day I'll get it. Carmen and I let our men have some time alone so they could go faster and be more adventurous but we had fun doing our run a few times. By lunch time Cassie and I were definitely done so we just lounged in the lodge and then headed down to wait for the rest of them. Another great thing about the cabin was that we could drive back there after snowboarding and shower and get changed. Yup so that pretty much sums up our trip, it was a good one and something we'll most likely do every year if possible. Instead of making huge blogs with pictures I've put them into slideshows for your easy viewing pleasure. *If the slideshow stops working or won't restart just try refreshing your page.

Another fun thing we've done recently was I surprised Chris with a night in Seattle and tickets to the Sonics vs. Suns game. He sort of ruined the surprise by saying he would fill out his NCAA bracket when we got home that night and since I knew the deadline was the next morning and he might not be able to fill it out I had to tell him before we left. The plan originally was to just start driving to Seattle after we were done shopping and then tell him. But it was still good, we got some great deals on some new clothes but then we were a little rushed getting to the hotel and the game. That is one thing I would've changed, less time shopping, more time getting there. We made it to the game in time though so it all worked out. The game wasn't the greatest just because Seattle isn't the greatest of teams so it seemed like Phoenix wasn't playing as good as they could've. During half time we went right down to floor level and I got some candid shots of Shaq and Nash. Then we found some empty seats in around row 15 and watched the rest of the game from there, which was a much closer view than we originally had. After the game there was a special Q & A time with Steve Nash for all those Canadians that travelled down to see him so that was one of the highlights. We pretty much met him. With about a thousand other people... Our hotel was only a few blocks away from the stadium and from the space needle so we walked back after the game. Then we had a nice relaxing time in the hot tub and had a good sleep in our humungous king bed. We had a nice breakfast the next morning and started heading back home. Half way back we realized we forgot our bathing suits in the bathroom so we're having them mailed to us. That sort of sucked. But all in all it was a good little trip and our last time to see a NBA game so close to home since the team is moving after this year. Here's some of my stalker photos of the players and the game...

Other than taking fun trips and doing fun things, not much else has been going on. Chris has his break until Wednesday so there's still lots of break to go. I still haven't found a job but this sort of feels like my week break from looking. I'm still waiting for responses from people, if only they would tell me something. That would be good. Something exciting that's happened is I got my first "booking" for a wedding from a stranger who found my website. It's good to know that my website is reaching more people, not just those connected to me somehow. Well, that's about all I got for now, talk to y'all later.

Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow... tons of fun stuff for you two :) Glad you guys have had a fun last couple of weeks. Totally jealous about the up close and personal with Steve Nash :) Must have been pretty sweet!

Hope to get together with you guys soon for some games! Have a good rest of spring break & easter!

David Warkentin said...

Hey, I was at the game too! My favorite was the Sasquatch jumping off the ladder and the little break dancing kid! (You can tell I am not the world's biggest basketball fan!)

Unfortunately we missed the Q&A with Nash. That would've been cool...