Belatedness

Yes, I know, I am a blogging slacker. But since it looks like this outside...



and I have nowhere to go I am motivated to sit down and write a little something.

Let's start on January 19th. We were going over to my parents house for supper and lo and behold a whole bunch of our friends were there to give me a belated surprise birthday party. I didn't even see it coming which is pretty impressive for Chris because he usually slips on those sorts of things or I figure them out before they happen. So we had a splendid evening of pigging out on pizza and ice cream cake and playing all sorts of games, which of course the girls won most of. Thanks for coming guys, it was a great surprise!

Jamie and I

Carmen and Eric playing Apples to Apples (which I won both rounds of)

A re-creation of the surprise I had walking into the kitchen

It's hard to see but we sported some lovely fingernail stickers courtesy of the card Josh and Cassy gave me


So let's see, what else have we been up to. These past couple weeks have been a long waiting game for me once again as I have applied to many places for work but have not heard back from any yet. I keep thinking they lost my resume in the shuffle or something but I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and applying for more jobs that come up. Chris has been told by the teacher whose job he is filling this year that she doesn't want it back next year so we'll see if he gets it for next year too which we are hoping will happen. I've sent off all my paperwork for the PDP program and now I get to wait until the end of April to hear back if I made it in. About two weeks ago my dad went in for another major surgery like he had last year on his left leg but this time it was on his right. He got to come home after only 2 and half days in the hospital and has been doing really good recovering, some of his white hair has even turned back to gray, whatever that means. Now hopefully he'll be able to be up and about more without any pain and he won't need any more surgeries. In other news, Chris and I have been using our gym passes at the Rec center about 3 times a week. I've been swimming, trying to swim 1km each time and Chris has been running and doing weight training stuff. It has been really good, we're enjoying feeling like we're getting back in shape and also having something better to do than watch t.v. We also just finished up a series on Wednesdays nights with our church called Vineyard Vision. It was for three weeks and the pastor led a group of us explaining about what the vineyard church is about and where they're coming from, it was really good to get that information so we can base our decision on staying on more than just the services. So I think we have decided to stick around there, it's a really welcoming church, their goal is to have half of the church come from non-churched backgrounds so there is definitely a mix of people there. We have already been invited for supper to one of the middle aged couples house this weekend and have been randomly prayed for a few times by some of the adults in the church. We definitely feel welcomed there and are excited to see what God has in store for us at that church. That's all I can think of about what's been going on around here. Back to watching the snow fall...
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey Vicky!! I'm glad to hear that your birthday party WAS indeed a surprise! Chris worked really hard to keep it that way and its nice to know it worked out. I'm REALLY sorry that I didn't make it out... I'm pretty sure you've heard why and though I really wanted to be there, I just wasn't feeling up for the "big crowd" at the time. The four of us will have to do something together in lieu of your party :) And, now that I am ALSO looking for work and spending my snowy days at home, we should go for coffee or swimming or something. What rec center are you guys going to? Cuz i have a membership at the Leisure Centre... if you do too, we could go together. Anyway... hope you're doing well and look forward to seeing you guys soon!