We decided to have our Christmas early because we were having Christmas with my parents the next day and Chris wanted me to have my present before I took pictures of Jen's family on Christmas Eve. So we slept in and had some brunch and then got to the fun part. Opening presents. I opened mine first. I knew what I was getting because Chris wanted to get the right one so even though there was no surprise I was very happy with what I got. I upgraded my camera with a new lens that is better quality and has a bigger zoom than the one it came with. Chris also got me a bigger camera bag to hold other accessories such as my old lens and perhaps a flash in the future. Then he tried to surprise me with a calendar he made on the computer but the receipt for it showed up in our email and I saw it but it is the thought that counts. I surprised Chris with a new PS2 and Madden '08. I told him I would never get him one but I caved and he has enjoyed it so far. The rest of the day we spent playing with our new toys and just relaxing before all the partying began.



The next day we headed to my parents house to open presents and have breakfast. We were once again spoiled with things such as gym passes to the leisure center, a waffle maker and many new games. My mom even snuck in a NHL '08 game for Chris which she bought after she found out I got him the PS2. I didn't even have to tell her what the game was called so that was pretty impressive. After opening gifts and playing a rousing game of Dutch Blitz we headed back home for the afternoon and then went back to my parents for supper later on. That evening we had some friends over for games because it was the only time we could see them before we headed out to Herbert. We had a fun time playing a variety of games and just chatting and catching up.



Christmas Eve was spent packing for our trip and in the afternoon I headed out to the lake with Jen's family to take some family photos. It was much more windy than expected but we tried our best to keep hair under control and hopefully there's a few shots they can keep. That evening we went to the Christmas Eve service at my old church and then went to Jen's place and played some Catch Phrase and some intense guitar hero which Jen has the pictures of. Then we went to bed early because we had to be up early for our flight leaving from Vancouver.




Christmas morning we drove into Vancouver with my dad for our flight. There were no delays and we got to Saskatoon a bit early with our bags being some of the firsts coming on the carousel, which never happens. We were picked up by Ryan and Dad and then we headed to Herbert. Once we got there we had a delicious ham supper and then opened some presents. We all got new PJ's which the boys just had to try them on right then so we took a classic shot of them by the tree as if they were 5 years old. We got the Belichick hoody for dad because he's a big fan of the Patriots, I think he liked it quite a bit. The rest of the evening was spent playing Quelf where we got to witness Kevin's version of belly dancing which looked a lot more like stripping. It was pretty funny.


The next day we went to Grandma and Grandpa Falk's for another Christmas supper and played some games with the fam. I was feeling pretty sick by that time so I sat out for the round of Quelf that night. The day after that we spent out at the farm playing games, doing my puzzle and the boys went to play basketball at the gym with a bunch of Herbertians. Then we were off to a camp north of regina for the Braun gathering.
We rented out a camp lodge for a few days and almost everyone from the Braun side made it so there were lots of people and lots of games to play. We got there around supper time and then did the big gift exchange. I scored an electronic Suduko game and Chris got a power convertor for our car. After that we busted out the Quelf. I decided to take pictures of the stupid things people had to do such as taping targets on their body in a place where if other people looked they would get a penalty. Or playing oh canada with your nose as a trumpet. The best though was Andrew and Curtis having to be golf announcers for Tori and Chris' turn throughout the game.







The next day was spent hanging out with baby Josh and doing puzzles. Some people braved the weather and tried to play hockey on the frozen lake. It wasn't quite smooth enough for skates so they played in their big winter boots. I didn't get any photo evidence of this because I was too involved in my puzzle. I also made it my prerogative to capture how cute Josh is so here is my ode to Josh...






Yup, he's a cutie. I was a little obsessed with him but hey, I only get to see him twice a year. It's understandable right? When I wasn't taking Josh away from people I was working on a circular puzzle with some fellow puzzle makers. It took us a good 5 hours to finish and some ridicule along the way but we pulled through and showed those people the success of our struggles. In the midst of puzzle making we were told to come outside and see the northern lights which turned out to be a fireworks show put on by some of our uncles. It was quite impressive.





So we had a really good time out at the camp, playing lots of games and catching up with family. The rest of our time in Saskatchewan we spent at the farm playing more games, the boys watching football, dad obsessively playing a hunting game on Ryan's xbox and of course, eating lots of food. It was so great to be back out there and see everyone for a good chunk of time. We're glad to be back home now and to get back into a routine again. Chris starts school on monday and I'll be back at Evan's volunteering as much as I can in the next couple weeks so I have it on my resume for applying for PDP. Then hopefully I'll find a full time job soon after that which will keep me busy until school starts in September. Okay, this is the longest post ever so I'm just going to end it. Happy new year everyone, hope your holidays were as good as ours!
1 comments:
Thanks for filling me on your Christmas! Looks like you had a great time in Sassy. The pics of our family turned out great and we definitely have chosen to print out quite a few of them. Glad we got to hang out for a bit over Christmas :)
Post a Comment