This past weekend we headed out to the farm for Thanksgiving. It was a good time of relaxation and too much food. The boys had a fun time chasing cows and rechasing cows after they broke out and ran 3 miles back to their moms. That was the big moment of the weekend I guess. It was really nice the last day we were there so we went outside for a bit and I took some action shots of the boys playing football. Here's a little sample...

Kevin was much more photogenic than Chris on the action shots. I only got one good one of Chris because all the rest of them he just caught the ball normally and that's no fun to take a picture of.

Although the boys thought taking action shots was fun, I'd rather play with Jake, one of favorite dogs. I've never had a big dog like Jake before but I really like him, he's so friendly and always wants to play, plus he's really cute. He's quite the character too. He likes to chase balls and sticks but once he gets them he'll never give them up unless you trick him by getting another ball or stick and then he'll drop the one he has to get the new one. Here's some proof of just how cute Jakey is. He deserves two pictures...


A huge thing happened on the weekend that had nothing to do with us but it's exciting. My cousin in law, or chris' cousin got engaged! Andrew is the cousin and Jeanette in the fiancee and they've been dating long distance for who knows how long, ever since they went to Bible School together like 5 years ago. So about 5 years. Jeanette could only say one thing at our wedding..."I can't believe you beat us". Now it's finally her turn, I'm sure she has lots already planned out in her mind for the big day. It was funny how she would just flat out say that she was getting impatient waiting for Andrew to actually propose. This last couple months everyone's been suspicious about when he would do it. He told me that he would make it happen before we up and leave the country next year so I guess he sticks to his word. Here's a pic from their big moment when he visited her in calgary for the weekend. Congrats guys! I can't wait to have another newly married couple in the fam.

well, I guess that's all for now. Hope you've enjoyed my update.
7 comments:
Hey Honey! Thanks for finally updating our blog. I like reading whats going on in our lives while i'm stuck away from you. I miss you and love you. See you on Friday.
Chris
GET OUT! Andrew FINALLY proposed hey!? Its about time! Please pass on my congratulations! I have never actually met Jeanette but I hear she's a keeper :)
Wonder if Colin will be next...hahaaha!
hey there! So I guess we missed ya-we were in Saskatoon staying at Eric & Louise's but didn't try calling as we figured you be in Herbert... when's your next roadtrip though this direction???
Rebekah
Hi, this is Chris's cousin Jen here. I randomly found your blog through Jon and Bonnie's blog (I worked at Bethany when they were students - how is it that you guys know them?). I just thought i'd say hi - it's been fun to read up on what's been happening in your lives. Have a great weekend!
well well well vicky. i'd have to agree with your hubby. it sure was time that you updated your blog. I've been wondering what has been going on in your life these days! So it was good to read about life in sassy or...well, herbert i guess. looking forward to seeing you over the holidays!
love,
jen
Hey guys! Chris I you got some good air in that pic.And kev I like the expression. Jakes looking good and so are you vics! Congrats A and V Can't wait till the wedding! I'm on 4 day so I'll be on msn!
Post a Comment