Bring on the Summer!

The time for fun has almost come! We have been super busy these last couple months with work and in only a few weeks we will be able to have that much deserved break. I'm getting a little early break with two days off because of a nasty head cold but I don't mind because I've been working non-stop. This spring has gone quickly and with some moments where it was hot enough to feel like summer it definitely tricked us and made us want summer even more. 

Probably the biggest thing that has happened lately is that we bought a canoe! We wanted something we both would enjoy doing together that gets us outside and so a canoe it was. We've had a few chances to take it out already and it's lots of fun exploring different lakes and beaches. Even Molly doesn't seem to mind it as long as she gets a good look out of the boat. She hasn't jumped in the water yet but I'm sure one day she'll fall in because she prefers to stand up on the edge and look over. Good thing we got her a doggy life jacket. We're looking forward to taking the canoe out more and having adventures with it when we have kids. 

Last time I blogged I mentioned that Chris and Ryan were going to be making Cheryl and I lobster supper. I'd say it went pretty good, although I was a little disappointed when the lobsters didn't scream when they were getting boiled. I don't think we'll ever need lobster again in our lifetime (especially Chris) but it was fun to try and now we can say we have ate lobster.


These past months we've been having fun playing in our two pitch baseball league. So far our team has 10 wins and 5 loses, pretty good for a team called "The Good Tryers". This coming weekend we're also playing in a slo-pitch tournament with a bunch of friends for fun. We had a little mini practice a few weekends ago to get warmed up and get used to the lob pitches we'll be given. We'll see this weekend if it pays off. If not, it will just be fun to get together again and hang out. 

So far our summer is looking pretty busy but we are excited to go on some adventures. On July 1st we will be heading down south for a two week road trip. We'll be heading down the Oregon Coast, through the Redwood Forest, San Fran, Disneyland to see Kevin, Alysha and Cole, then to the Grand Canyon, Vegas and Yosemite National Park. Everything is booked; campgrounds, hotels, disneyland tickets, anaheim angels game...now I just need to make a big long list of things to bring and start packing! Once we get home from our road trip we have our year end tournament for baseball and then soon enough we'll be packing up again and driving out to Saskatchewan for a couple weeks. August is our not so busy month when we hope to take out the canoe and go on some local camping trips, also Chris wants to get his outdoor ed program organized for next year. So it's looking like a good summer packed with some fun, now we're just waiting for the sunshine to come!
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

ErynnP said...

Can a family of 5 tag along with you in July? Sounds like a blast. Hope you guys are doing well and staying healthy!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hope you are having a wonderful trip! And a canoe sounds like fun