By Unknown
Yard work has begun at our house. The sun is shining every now and then and we've tackled trimming our hedge and all our shrubs. Today Chris is starting the power washing and then it's onto repair (hopefully) our grass. On the Easter long weekend we trimmed our massive hedge, well Chris trimmed and I raked and bagged all the trimmings. I think we ended up with 25 bags or more so it was a big job but it was nice to be out in the sun. I should've taken a before and after picture because it looks pretty good now.
We've joined a two pitch softball team this year with our friends Denis and Andrea. So far we've played three games, two we lost by one and the last we won by over 10 points. It's been fun to get out and play even though 2 of the 3 games have been in wet conditions but here's hoping our Wednesdays will get sunnier. Chris is also in a basketball league that plays on Saturdays. It seems he is the minority in this league because it was originally formed by Filipino's in the area. They seem to take it pretty seriously, their very first game of the "season" took over 3 hours with the anthem and an opening ceremony for all the teams. He's been enjoying it but seems to come home with a new injury or soreness each time so we'll see what he has done to himself after his game today.
Last weekend we hosted a co-ed baby shower for Ryan, Cheryl and their newest addition Rayna. It was fun to have everyone there, not just the girls like a normal shower. We started the evening off with a potluck and then played some shower bingo and 20 questions for Ryan and Cheryl to see if they could come up with the same answers. Supposedly, according to Ryan, babies start eating solids at 1 year. They did get 11 out of 20 questions the same so I'll give him some credit. After the games and dessert we watched the mounds of cute baby girl clothes appear and then we gave the boys freedom to go play ping pong while us girls talked in the living room. The week before the shower I also took some baby photos of Rayna. She wasn't the biggest fan of it but I'm glad the pictures I got show how cute she really is and make her at least look like she was having fun (she wasn't crying the whole time).
Rayna
Tonight Ryan and Chris are attempting to make Cheryl and I a fancy lobster supper. We'll see how that goes, not sure how skilled they are in the cooking department, especially with live animals. Kay time to get out in the sunshine while it lasts!
Category:
1 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I saw the pictures you took of Rayna. LOVE them! You did a really great job!
Sounds like you've been busy on the yard and now with baseball too.
Post a Comment