Cute as a Button

Where did that saying come from anyways? Cute as a button. Why are buttons so cute? Anyways, we're definitely back into the swing of things here. We've both had our back to school colds (I'm still getting over mine) and have been working quite a bit. I've got at least two days a week for the last couple of weeks so it should stay that way or get better until Christmas. Chris is busy coaching volleyball and soon the basketball season will take over his life. I've started painting in the basement which has been slow going with me working here and there but hopefully it'll be done by the end of the year. Our guest room is finished but we still need to hang pictures and such so there will be no pictures of that today. There is however some cute pictures of our pup. We've gotten soft and let her come up on the couches now, we figured since they're leather it's easy to clean up her hair. Her new favorite spot I discovered one day when I came downstairs was on the top of the couch like a little cat. She always goes up there now, especially when there's a blanket. She's also found some interesting cuddle spots like right on top of me when I'm reading a book or draped over Chris' arms during a movie. Some of them we haven't caught on camera but here are the few we have.







Last weekend we went over to Mike and Sarah's to watch the Rider game and while we were there I took some pictures of their new baby boy Carter. I have to say he was quite a good sport, having to lie around half naked and being put in funny clothes like Calgary Flames gear. He was a little over two weeks in these photos but to me he already looks months old in some of them. I really like how they turned out, they just make me want to smoosh him.



Other things that have been happening are we've started up our girls/guys night and our small group again and look forward to spending time with those people and sharing what's going on in our lives. Today Chris and my brother chopped down our old rotting apple tree from our backyard. It only took a few hours and there's so much more room now! We might plant a new type of tree there next spring when we overhaul our whole backyard but for now it will be a mound of dirt.

Tough guy with a chainsaw


Chris watching intently as my brother gets the tree out of the ground


There's not much else to say so I'll leave you with a funny statement one of the students said on their thanksgiving sheet in a classroom I was in. What are you MOST thankful for? "I'm most thankful for stop, drop and roll". Happy Thanksgiving!
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

See you on Wednesday..is it at your place?

Love the pictures of Carter. Good job taking them!