Vancouver Weekends

We've had some pretty fun-filled weekends the past couple of weeks which means I have new pictures which means I have a reason to blog. Last weekend we celebrated our third anniversary one week late. The day of our actual anniversary I had 3 major assignments due, had school until 6:30pm and had baseball that night. Not much time for celebration. Then I had a wedding to shoot on the weekend so we went with the next for our celebration date. We had a two for one coupon to the aquarium so we headed down to Vancouver and stopped by MEC to get Chris some new hiking boots and a waterproof jacket on the way. I hadn't been to the aquarium in a long time and Chris had never been. Plus there was a brand new baby beluga that was all the hype around there so we had to see it. We saw some interesting creatures but the beluga had to be the best. The dolphins were pretty cool too. After the aquarium we walked around Stanley Park for a bit and then went to Hell's Kitchen for some pizza which was delicious. On our way home we stopped by Birchwood Dairy and had some really good ice cream. All in all it was a good trip and a lovely late anniversary date.

This weekend we were quite busy. Friday we had a staff party with Chris' staff. Saturday we went to see Ben and Christina at a little post-wedding get together. It was good to see those guys again, although Christina was in one of my classes this past month and a half we hadn't seen Ben for a few years. Our big event of the day though was the Coldplay concert. We got there nice and early, got our seats and enjoyed the opening acts of Howling Bells and Snow Patrol. I cannot even explain how great Coldplay performed, it was the best concert I've ever been to, a once in a lifetime event. They pulled out all the stops like big yellow balloons, confetti shaped like butterflies, coming out to the very back of the stadium into the cheap seats and performing in the middle of the crowd. They heard rumors that Vancouver had the loudest fans so they decided to film their video that night, so maybe if you look real close in the upper deck you might see us. Yeah it was an amazing night and something I won't forget. I'll try and upload some video clips of the concert (just remember it sounded a lot better than the video) but if those don't work I have plenty of pictures in the slide show too. Then after getting home at 12:45am we got up this morning and had to run the games at our church's father's day picnic. It wasn't the best weather and it started raining halfway through but I think everyone had fun with it. Let's just say I'm a bit tired.






Our next big event is going camping next weekend with Eric and Carmen, then I have a wedding the weekend after that and then we're heading to the Glen with the gang the next weekend and then to Saskatchewan the next. Right now I am in the middle of editing three weddings and am trying to get them done before this next one in a few weeks so then I can finish that one before heading out to SK. Plus doing homework in between, although I need to pick up my socks in that area a bit. So it doesn't look like things will get any less busy around here until we're on the plane to Europe. Then I can finally relax, actually that will probably be a really busy time too but a different kind of busy. Check back for some new wedding photos soon. Hopefully I'll be done two after this week. Oh and don't be afraid to comment, I know you're out there...
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: