On the Easter Weekend we took a trip to the Island and visited Kevin and April, my friends that I went to Capernwray with that are now on staff there. We spent Thursday night to Saturday Afternoon with them and their boys, exploring the ocean, attempting to make easter eggs, playing games and having an easter egg hunt. It was great to see them again and to finally meet their boys who are great little guys. On Saturday we went out for lunch in Duncan with just Kevin and April and then headed to Victoria. We lucked out on having one sunny day in Victoria so we spent most of that day walking around the harbor and enjoying the sunshine. The next day it was rainy and windy so we just relaxed in Chapters, read some books, had Starbucks and also chilled in our hotel room watching the Masters. That evening we used up my Earls card that I got from my practicum teacher and I had some clam chowder for the first time, it was pretty good. Chris was disgusted. Monday we didn't rush getting home, we went and looked around in the MEC just down the road one more time and had breakfast at a really good local restaurant called John's Place and then we took the scenic view on the way to the ferry. It was a great little get-away for us and made us refreshed and ready for the next busy period coming up with school finishing for both of us.
Other big news is our trip to Europe from August 3-30th. We decided this might be our last chance to go before we start making babies and buying a house and all that grown up stuff that happens. So with our big tax return we decided to take a trip across Europe. We'll be starting off in Rome, going up through Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice and then up to Austria and Germany and finally end up in Denmark where we'll see all my relatives that Chris has never met and I saw 7 years ago. I've been spending a lot of my time planning out where to go, what to see and what to do so that has kept me pretty busy. Anyone who has an tips for us, send them our way.
On Saturday we're going to check out a baseball team that a guy in our care group said we could join. I'm a little scared because it's actually baseball, none of this slo pitch stuff so it might be a little too intense for me. We'll see. Then on Sunday Chris is going with Eric and Carmen to do the Sun Run in Vancouver. 10 kilometers in downtown Vancouver with a ton of people crowding around you and doing my least favorite thing, running. Doesn't sound fun to me.
Well, that's all I have for now. I may be back since I'm not consumed by school right now. Enjoy the sunshine (those in BC).
0 comments:
Post a Comment