By Anonymous
We've had an interesting weekend that's for sure. Here's the story. As you all know, if you read our last post, we went snowboarding on our break. On one run Chris fell on his butt pretty good and got a little bruise from it but it wasn't a big deal. Once we got home it started hurting really bad and he got all feverish and stuff. A few days later it had spread down his butt and there was a lot of painful pressure so he went to the ER and the guy just told him it was a really bad bruise and he'd be in pain for the next two weeks. So he came home but things just got worse and more painful so on friday he went back to the ER and the same doctor saw him again and realized it was probably not just a bruise. I came in after I was done school and we waited for a surgeon to come in and look at it to tell us what it really was and turns out it was an absiss. Basically there's this bump that most guys have on their bums and that's what Chris landed on and it got infected and filled with pus. So he had a very very pusy bum. The surgeon told us he needed surgery so we waited a few more hours and he went in. He was put to sleep for it and everything but it was a success after they let a whole whack load of pus drain out. He had to stay the night and he was allowed to come back home the next day after lunch.
Now he's off school for another week because he can't really sit on his bum. Things seem to be going good, he has pain killers and this thing called a sitz bath that he has to do 3 times a day to keep it clean. It's definitely not in the most convinient location for making sure things don't get infected so if everyone could just keep him in your prayers that it will heal good and that nothing will go wrong, that would be swell. So just to warn all you snowboarders, the next time you go, maybe you should wear a bum pad because you just never know...
Category:
7
comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Okay, so we wanted to feel sorry for Chris being in the hospital, but we nearly have tears rolling down our cheeks from laughing about his "pusy bum". Good times, good times. And now do you SEE what nurses have to put up with?????????? Take it easy, man...
Bek & Dust
Hi Chris and Vicky
Jen here in Mexico. My mom is beside me reading this post. We both are having a good laugh. I will say that I hate the word pus - love the statement "so he had a very very pusy bum". Take care and heal fast!!
I have never heard of such a thing as pusy bum surgery. I do feel sorry for you though Chris...must be a pain in the butt not to be able to sit...ha ha ha. Wow. Okay, for real though, I'll be praying that it heals up nicely. I must admit, I did not expect to read such a post as this...
funny. But I'm sure very painful. Did you ever read Stephanie's blog about her bum infection? www.stephanieborchert.blogspot.com
I hope Chris is feeling better soon.
I mean: borchertblog.blogspot.com
Ahh scary! But he does look like he is enjoying his stay in your photo...How come everything bum related is funny? And you sound like a Pomme ("So he had a very very pusy bum")! Well, I am praying everything heals nicely.
wow, i have fallen way behind in keeping up to date with your lives. sorry about that. anyway, that sucks about chris' bum, i hope it's all better now.
Post a Comment