I've been on a bit of a hiatus but now I'm back. These past couple months that I've been gone have been pretty busy as far as work goes. I've worked some full weeks and baseball is also in full swing (although it keeps raining and most have been canceled). We've only got a few more weeks left of school and then summer break begins! We have some fun stuff planned like a camping trip to Oregon, visiting Herbert, going to the Glen and whatever other stuff might come up.
The latest big news around here is that Chris got his dream job for next year at his school in a permanent position. He'll be teaching mostly Grade 9 Science and PE with a math class and a PE 8 class in there too. He was pretty excited and glad to know that they want him back at that school. My plans are to just keep TOCing and hopefully to get on the list in the Chilliwack district when they actually start hiring again (which isn't looking to good these days).
Some exciting things that have happened recently is our mustache party at Jen's place in Vancouver. Jen just moved back from Edmonton a little while ago and now she's moved into the city to work casual at the Vancouver Hospital as a physiotherapist. She had a bunch of us over to her cozy place and we had fun eating chili, playing games and of course wearing mustaches (and hiding them all over her house later on). We were supposed to play bocce in a park nearby but it rained pretty good so we found ways to entertain ourselves inside all day. Here's some proof of what a fun night it was...
Chris and I also just celebrated our 4th anniversary last Friday and decided to make a weekend of it by heading up to Whistler for two nights. We had a relaxing getaway strolling around the village, eating good food and going for a hike nearby. We tried to see some Olympic things like the bobsled run and the ski jump but it was all closed off and we weren't able to get a view of it. There was still snow on the tops of the mountains so we didn't take any lifts up since it might have been a little too early in the summer to hike up there. Other than someone pounding on our door at 2am on our second night it was a great relaxing trip.
Hopefully now that summer is starting and we'll be doing more fun things I'll keep this updated more often. Thanks to you who still check it faithfully, if only I knew who you were...
2 comments:
I check your blog faithfully! Sounds like you guys had a great year.
Where in Oregon are you camping? Ah, my home! One place I recommend (not sure if there is camping there, but probably) are the Painted Hills in the John Day Fossil Beds. And, of course, the coast is awesome.
bye for now,
Katie
I check! I read! I lament that I miss the B.C. fun-ness. Looking forward to seeing you for one whole day in August...
~Rebekah
Post a Comment