January Flyby

It's feeling more and more like Spring around here especially since January just flew by. I worked 9 days in January which is almost as much as I worked in all of October-December. Things are starting to pick up I guess. Last week I worked 4 of those 9 days so that might have been a extreme week because this week I haven't worked any yet. We'll see, people say February is supposed to be busier. Other than working the only major things that happened to us in January was my birthday and going to Kelowna for a basketball tournament.

I turned 28 this year. For some reason that number seems old to me. I know, I know it's not that old but this year, the number 28, just made me sound old. To celebrate my oldness Chris and I went to see Avatar in 3D and even though we had to sit in the 4th row, it was still very good. We also went for supper at White Spot, one of my favorites. The next day we had the gang over for some cake and games and it was a good time had by all. The thing is, even though my age feels old, I don't, and I guess that's all that matters.

Only having two candles to light made it a little easier than 28


Officially 28


Eating some cake

The next weekend we headed to Kelowna for a basketball tournament Chris had got his team into. He was a little nervous this being the first time he had brought a team on an overnight event but it went great. There were tonnes of parents there to help out and the guys on his team are really good kids so there really was no need to worry. Friday night they won their first game and on Saturday they lost their second and won their last. So overall they came in third which I think they were pretty happy about. It was good for them to have tougher competition because they only have one other team that they regularly play out here that they don't beat by at least 30 points every game. This week they're getting ready for Fraser Valleys and then hopefully Provincials, we'll see how far they can go.

Chris giving them a pep talk


They started getting better at not swatting for the ball


Intense defense


Warm-up's


Jump Ball


The team with their third place plaque
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: