Turkey and Tuxes

Don't worry people, we're still here. We've been really busy this last week with weddings and parents visiting. Chris was the best man for his best man Eric this past weekend so he was busy planning parties and giving wise advice to the soon to be married man. Chris' parents came out for the long weekend and also came to the wedding. We had a good time eating lots of chocolate and going for walks and just relaxing. I also made my first ever turkey supper with both sets of parents invited. Nothing went drastically wrong so that was good. A little work on improving mashed potatoes would be beneficial though.

Well, let's start with the wedding. First of all Chris planned on taking the groomsmen and Eric on a camping trip but it rained that day so instead they took over our apartment as I went and hung out with Amber. They had some good bonding time as did I with Amber playing Guitar Hero. That game is very addictive and fun. On Wednesday last week there was another bachelor party for all of Eric's friends to come to and they dressed him up in some nice spandex and a muscle outfit and made him go around doing foolish things like getting an application at La Senza and doing push-up's in front of a girl talking on her cell phone who pretended not to notice him. On friday was the rehearsal which got all the kink's ironed out for the big day. Chris slept over at Eric's that night so he wasn't alone the night before his wedding. On Saturday was the wedding, it was slightly rainy but not enough to stop us from taking pictures outside. I was asked to do candid shots as the hired photographer took their posed pictures. I also took some at the reception since their photographer wasn't there for that. I got quite a few good ones so hopefully they'll like them. Here's a little (or big) sample of them.

Okay, that was way more pictures than I originally thought I would post but there you have it. That was the wedding, it was a good one and the day was great. Now onto turkey, I have a few pictures of our meal with the first use of our fancy denby dishes and extended table. It was nice to actually to have an occasion to use those dishes and I'd have to say they looked pretty schnazzy.
Chris' first ever carving of the turkey


The display of food


The company proving the food was edible


Whew, this post is taking quite a while. Anyways, other than our past busy week or so, Chris has an interview for a full time teaching position in the class that he has been TOCing for for the last couple weeks. His interview is today so I don't know when we'll find out if he got it but here's hoping. Me on the other hand have been finding it difficult to get a job. I had an opportunity to work in Mission with a school program but the lady hiring miscommunicated to me that I would have a chance to try it out and see what it was like when really she meant she was looking for a highly motivated and dedicated person for the job and was interviewing many people which I did not know about. So I have decided to just stick with Chilliwack and hopefully find a job that will let me volunteer at an Elementary school every week so I can get in my experience for when I apply for my PDP. I've applied at 7 different places so hopefully I'll get a chance at a few of them. Kay I think this post has gone on long enough so that's it for now. Enjoy the fall weather.
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just noticed that you and I posted at EXACTLY the same time yesterday... 1:20pm. Wow... pretty crazy :) Anyway... so here's what I think. I think you should forget the job hunting/teaching/volunteering thing and be a full-fledged photographer cuz you're UNBELIEVABLY good at it! Those wedding pics are awesome Vicky and I think you should SERIOUSLY pursue photography. So there you have it... my two cents for whatever its worth :)
Oh, and the turkey looks like it was delicious. Nicely done!
And yes... let's hangout again soon! Perhaps this week? Let me know! Talk to you soon.

Jen said...

Phew...what a post. Thanks for updating us :) It's good to hear what you are up to. Congrats to Chris on his job (oh yeah, bonnie told me he got it!). Nice turkeyish cooking too. You're officially an adult now with making a Thanksgiving dinner :) Way to be! can't wait to see you at christmas...p.s. awesome photos as always. do what bonnie says..become a photographer.