Wet Pee-Wee's

We're back from a wet but wonderful week and a half at camp. We got to spend 4 days out of the 9 days at camp in the sun but the rest was very wet. Good thing fun doesn't stop at camp when it rains. It was good to be back up there, strange but good. There are so many new staff that we didn't know this year and they are all so young. The new generation is moving up. Some of the counselors could have been born in the 90's! How crazy is that? Yeah, pretty crazy. We lucked out on the week we went up because it happened to be the week that a bunch of people from our "era" of camp also decided to volunteer so we weren't the only strangers up there. My old youth pastor Al and his family were also there because he was the speaker so that was another bonus of our first week. Some of my highlights would have to be sailing, we got to teach every single block of sailing and we got some good wind on a few of those days. Another highlight would just be hanging out with old friends in a place that has meant so much to me over the years. It has changed a lot since I first started going there but it still has the same purpose. I also got to play with cute babies while I was there because there are a bunch of staff with babies, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them. The weekend in between our first week and these last couple days I went to Carmen's surprise shower. I think we got her pretty good, she didn't see it coming. It was a great shower, we laughed quite a bit and Carmen scored some sweet undies! The boys all went bowling and seemed to have a good time too.

Carmen laughing at the answers Eric gave to Rebekah's questions about Carmen

The future Schultz's

The boys after they got back from bowling.

The last couple days at camp were with the pee-wee's, so that means 5-7 year olds. They were pretty cute and the rain definitely didn't stop them from having a good time. Chris helped make a little video during pee-wee's and after one boy was interviewed by Toby the puppet he stood up and had a wet spot on his pants. I didn't want to say anything too him right away but I talked to his counselor later and he confirmed that the boy had peed his pants. I guess he got a little nervous being on camera. I also got to witness a boy throw up projectile hot dogs in the nurse's station, that one wasn't quite as funny. That camper ended up going home because he threw up about 5 more times after that, poor guy. Chris and I got to join the leadership staff in a secret BYOC (bring your own cup), which means we snuck into the program directors cabin after lights out and sat around candles eating ice cream floats. Chris and I were pretty much support staff for the senior staff, we got to join them in all their meetings and since they were the main people we knew it felt like that's where we should be. Yeah so all in all it was a really good time at camp.

Megan and Jeremy with Toby the puppet.

Chris the professional camera man.

Pee-wee getting interviewed by Toby (this one didn't pee his pants).

We found out last weekend that we get to move into our place before going out to Herbert for the wedding so that's exciting. We get our keys tonight and move all our stuff tomorrow! It'll be good to actually be living in our own place and not feel like we're just on vacation. Tonight we're going to play games with all the Saskatchewan boys and their girls and Rebekah because that was the excuse for bringing Carmen back to her house last weekend but it turned out to be a surprise shower instead. So the busyness continues and will only continue until we are back from the wedding. Then I get to look for a job, hopefully I'll find a good one that works with Chris' TOCing so we don't have to get a second car. That would be swell. Alright, time to get things organized for tomorrow.

Category: 0 comments

0 comments: